In order to find the whereabouts of his loved ones and restore his family's reputation, the sea knight, Jose Baden decided to enter the cursed Oletus Manor. This time, will his magical pocket watch assure smooth sailing?
Jose Baden, also known as the First Officer, is a rescuing character in Identity V. He is one of 28 playable survivors added to Identity V.
Jose is a Difficulty Level 1 character.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Backstory
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Deduction Targets
- 5 Appearance Decoration
- 6 Behavior
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
First Officer has a well-built body with a peach skin tone. He has a short black hair along with a beard on his upper lips and chin, he also has a scar on his right eye. He wears a silver earring on his left ear and he has a prosthetic arm.
He wears a British soldier uniform and a red coat that covers his white buttoned shirt that reveals slightly his chest. He wears a necklace beneath his shirt. He also sports a white sash that covers his coat. White pants and black leather boots clothe his legs. His eyes are different which possibly suggests that he has Hetochromia Iridium or his left eye is made of glass; his right eye is a teal-colored button and his left eye is gold-rimmed and colored black with a "B" carved on, perhaps standing for his last name, 'Baden'.
In order to find the whereabouts of his loved ones and restore his family's reputation, the sea knight, Jose Baden, decided to enter the cursed Oletus Manor. This time, will his magical pocket watch assure smooth sailing?
Expanded backstory from video trailer and original announcement below.
José Baden was once famous as the First Officer of the fleet that escorted the British Queen's Imperial Navy, along with his father, the Captain.
The Baden's were rich, heroic, powerful and very punctual. Whether it was protecting British ships of carrying the Queen's treasures, they never failed and were never late.
Legend said that the secret behind the punctuality of the Baden family was related to a pocket watch blessed by the sea god. The tides and waves would always obey him and never delay his journey. Because of this, the family were highly valued by the British Queen, but they were also closely watched by the Queen.
One day things began to be filled with gloom. Jose had an emergency in Liverpool, and so didn't board the ship with his father. Deciding to wait for his father at the port on the day he was supposed to return, but by sunset the ship part of the Queen's fleet did not arrive. In fact, his father, the crew, and the ship had vanished mysteriously into the sea after they left.
The Queen was furious and thought that the Baden family had stolen her treasures, and gave the command to strip the Badens of all their wealth and titles. Because of this, Jose fell into depression.
Some time later, José received a news about his father's ship. From a list of items that had been on the missing ship, there was an ancient umbrella from China which was about to be delivered to a place called Oletus Manor.
He has a pocket watch that allows him to hypnotize Hunters, causing them to black out and then see illusionary First Officers, as well as the ability to 'vanish' when a survivor other than himself is placed on a rocket chair.
- Poseidon's Watch: The First Officer uses a pocket watch to hypnotize hunters on the entire map. Hunters affected by hypnosis will experience hallucinations and can only see the image of First Officer 1 second ago within 20 seconds and gain some movement speed bonus when hypnotize. The hypnotic effects will be removed when the First Officer touches a rocket chair or is hit by the hunter, and can only be used 2 times in a single game.
- Vanish: Whenever the First Officer rescues a teammate from the rocket chair, he will cast hypnotic effects on his surroundings. Hypnotic effects will allow rescued survivors to be "Disguised" as First Officer. Once the survivor uses a skill or is knocked down, the "Disguise" effect will be removed
- Self-Hint: Confusion, and deception finally devour First Officer. Rocket Chair's initial flight speed is decreased by 20%, and decoding speed decrease by 20%.
- Hypnosis Dispel: Pain may be the only cure, First Officer's hypnotic effects will be immediately removed when receiving damage.
- Recommended Persona Traits: Tide Turner, Borrowed Time, potentially Air Walk. Snooze and Will to Survive are useful if the pocket watch fails or runs out.
- Use Poseidon watch behind windows, with some U-turn and jukes to make him become invincible during the attack.
All completed objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path.
Please press "Expand" to see the deduction path.
|At Sunset: 3,2,1... Sweet dreams.
||A voyage logbook: We have new identities, new flags, new routes, and everything is going well, or better than expected.|
|Markers: Don't lose your way.
||A chart: The routes applicable to various ships between multiple royal ports are marked in detail, among which one area is marked as dangerous and not reccomended for sailing.|
|The Windstorm: Trouble always occurs by accident.
||A diary: We were caught in a storm, but it was a voyage that could not be delayed, and my father decided to change course. We knew it was dangerous, but we are the bravest sea knights, aren't we?|
|Entangled: The devil's tentacles are just out of sight.
||A news update: Despite the loss of most of the crew, the Badens fought their way out of their watery grave after two months of struggles. After defeating the marauding pirates and protecting his majesty's wealth, they finally set sail for home.|
|Redemption: A sin the gods can't forgive, but a king can.
||New appointment: From this day forward, the Badens will not only serve as the king's royal escort but will also embark on a "special mission" for the royal family.|
|Snooze: Sleeping isn't the only way to escape.
||A diagnostic note: Viscount Baden's panic attacks are getting worse. We've tried a variety of drugs with no obvious effect. It seems that the Viscount can only fall asleep after imbibing copious amounts of alcohol. In the long run, I'm afraid he will no longer be fit to sail.|
|Sacrifice: The costly price of "bravery".
||A diary: There were no pirates or storms; just our conscience and our companions. The nightmarish waters had swept them away, but it also awakened the demons flowing through the Badens' blood.|
|Drugs: To forget is the best cure.
||A torn letter: I don't need my son to remember how to be a good man. I just need him to get us out of every sandbank and reef.|
|A Chart: With no way forward, the only way left was to return the same way.
||A chart: The route has a large number of corrections, and the amendment was signed by Jose Baden.|
|At Moonrise: 3,2,1... Wake up.
||A punishment: First Officer Jose Baden has missed the tide several times due to alcohol abuse. If this happens again, he will be stripped of his position and title.|
After deducing Objective 10: At Moonrise, First Officer's Worn Clothes costume will be unlocked.
Note: Only obtainable pets are listed, limited/unobtainable pets can be found here.
- Blue Butterfly
- Miss Nightingale
- Shiba Inu
- Silent Alarm Clock
- Mr. Whiskers
- Mini Jack
- Mini Geisha
- Mini Joker
- Mini Feaster
- Mini Photographer
- Mini Wu Chang
- Mini Soul Weaver
- Mini Evil Reptilian
- Anniversary Cake
- Confident Detective
- Expert Detective
- Milk Carton
- Smiley Face Windmill
- Straw Eyeball
Note: This only lists exclusive graffiti. Basic graffiti that can be used by any character can be found here.
- No exclusive graffiti
Stand by Motion
- His birthday is 24th of September, making him a Libra.
- He is talented at sailing and gambling.
- He likes navigation and dignified luxurious goods, he dislikes music.
- He is an alcoholic.
- Personality: Outspoken, Straightforward, Go-getter, Quick-tempered/Irritated, Loves to tease people with sarcasm & Decisive.
- He's the 3rd character to have heterochromia next to Kreacher (Thief) and Mike (Acrobat), coincidentally, both Jose's eyes have similar color like Kreacher (left blue, right brown), though his are a brighter shade.
- He and his family belongs to the 4th class of nobility ( Viscount ).
- He is 1 of 7 survivors that have a 'secondary role' which classifies then in two categories. (This can be seen on the paperclip when viewing Survivor Profiles.)
- He is classified as both a Rescue and Contain role, Rescue appears to be his primary role while Contain is his secondary role.
- During the Voting Stage of the Deduction Star 2020 event, Jose had some unique quotes when he was voted for. These are:
- "I'm the best assistant."
- "Have you seen the honor once given to the Baden family?"
- "That's too shabby."
- Official backstory from the Identity V website https://idv.163.com/character/index.html
- Character trailer for Jose Baden -https://www.facebook.com/578338269176549/videos/1319948958182929
- Original backstory source -https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4392184595557337 and english translation originally on this page - https://aminoapps.com/c/identityvofficialv2/page/blog/chief-officer-jose-badens-backstory-and-idv-hong-kong-limited-theme-restaurant-event/mokE_1XYiku060kB7gJP6njEaaaaGxYr123