Humming a tune with his arms crossed, The Ripper has his own unique standards for his "guest".
Jack, also known as The Ripper is a Hunter in Identity V and one of the 18 playable hunters added to Identity V.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Background
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Deduction Targets
- 5 Appearance Decoration
- 6 Behavior
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
Jack is tall and slender and has a pale skin tone. He has a monotone color scheme, and most of his clothes; his hat, his jacket, and his trousers, are all greenish-grey. He wears a white mask on his face and carries a pair of scissors around. One of his hands is a claw.
Before becoming "The Ripper", he was a student of James Whistler, a renowned artist influenced by Edgar Degas. Who would guess that a well-dressed gentleman during the day will, when darkness falls, walk into an alley and stalk poor women? As "The Ripper" gained infamy, the boundary between his two identities began to fade. Of course, before you see his true face, "The Ripper" is still happy to take a walk at night.
- Freezing Fog: The Fog's chill can be felt in one's bones. Fog blades are created as fog collects onto Jack's bladed hand. When a certain amount of fog has been amassed, Jack's attacks trigger additional Fog Blades, expanding fog. Fog Blades will leave a trail of fog in their wake which increases Jack's movement speed and greatly reduces the cooldown of Hidden in Mist. Survivors hit by Fog Blades will leave a trail of fog behind them for a limited amount of time as they move around.
- Hidden in Mist (1000 points) (17-second cooldown): The fog is the Ripper's best friend. They are one and the same. When not striking or vaulting, Jack gradually enters Hidden in Mist mode and become a dreaded, invisible hunter.
- Hidden in Shadows (2500 points) (14-second cooldown): The dense fog evokes memories of the Big Smoke. The Ripper can enter Hidden in Mist mode quickly and gain bonus movement speed.
All completed objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path.
Please press "Expand" to see the deduction path.
|Curiosity: Have you ever thought about what lies beneath?
||Diary: I used to have a treasured doll. "He" urged me to cut open his belly and have a look. There was nothing in there and the doll couldn't be fixed.|
|Calmness: Art is objectless benevolence.
||Diary: "He" is only really quiet when he paints. I should carry on.|
|Bad Boy: You should restrain yourself.
||I am a bad child, because all the good children are asleep.|
|Record: The greatest torment in the world is no one recognizing your efforts.
||Newspaper clipping: Five ladies are listed here: Mary Ann Nichols, Anne Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddows, and Mary Jane Kelly.|
|Identity: Everyone needs an identity, or rather, it's preferable to have only one.
||Diary: I have begun to fear falling asleep. That is most likely only a joke, but...I wake up to the smell of rust every morning. How can I be free of "him"?|
|The Joke: Hey, this looks funny. I don't think it'll cause any harm, will it?
||I love watching them shiver. So cute.|
|From Hell: Darkness can still be pierced by light, but as for a mist, you can only wait for it to disappear.
||Diary: Stop me. If you can, that is.|
|A Gift You Can't Refuse: There is only one way to deny the coming fate, and that is to die.
||Wooden gift box: Contains a piece of dark red meat wrapped in a newspaper. The note says: Send!|
|Pursuit: Causing a bit of minor trouble is an easy way to destroy order.
||Do you know the benefit of chaos? It can turn into peace. The bad half? Hold on, does he still exist?|
|Curtain Call: The end itself isn't horrifying. What makes people uneasy is not knowing how it will end.
||Oil painting: A man wearing a black trench coat stands near the window in the gloomy room looking down.|
After deducing Objective 10: Curtain Call, Jack's Worn Clothes costume will be unlocked.
- Worn Clothes
- Black Baron
- Brass Knight (Memory Sphere)
- Coffee Knight (Season 1 Essence 2)
- Leaf Knight (Season 1 Essence 1)
- Rose Knight (Season 1 Essence 1)
- Baker (Season 1 Experience Goal 9)
- Barber (Season 1 Essence 1)
- Fog Osprey
- Lord K (KFC Crossover CN Exclusive)
- Lost Soul
- Manta Ray Mate
- Razor Claw (Season 8 Essence 1)
- Red Osprey
- Stern Mate
- Sunflower (Event Store)
- Green Tentacle (Memory Sphere)
- White Tentacle (Memory Sphere)
- Edward Scissorhands (Edward Scissorhands Crossover)
- Uninvited Guest (Edward Scissorhands Crossover)
- Knight of the Woods (Logic Path)
- Svengali (Deduction Star)
- Soul Emissary
- Count's Banquet (Halloween 2019)
- Evil Eye Host (COA II)
- Golden Tentacle (Memory Sphere)
Non-exclusive accessories that can be worn by any hunter can be found here.
Note: Basic graffiti that can be used by any character can be found here.
- Claw - Colored
- Claw - Grayed (Rank treasure VI)
- Edward Scissorhands - Butterfly
- Edward Scissorhands - Lonely
- Event - The Ripper Exclusive
- Golden Tentacle - Cute
- Golden Tentacle - Cartoon
- Golden Antenna - Customization
- Grimace Scarf - Grayed
- Peeper - Grayed
- The Ripper - Cartoon (Memory Sphere)
- The Ripper - Customization
- The Ripper - Gray Shadow
- The Ripper - Silhouette (Memory Sphere)
- The Ripper's Claws - Cartoon
- The Ripper & The Seer - Wine Toast
- White Tentacle - Silhouette
- The Ripper - Laugh (Memory Sphere)
- The Ripper - Solo Dance (Season 1 Essence 1)
- The Ripper - Visit (Season 1 Essence 2)
- He is based upon Jack the Ripper, a real serial killer who was infamous for the murders of several women in the 19th century.
- He is likely based specifically on the real-life artist Walter Sickert who shares the same mentor James Whistler and was influenced by Edgar Degas, but was not made a suspect to the murders until the 1970s. Walter Sickert also painted a picture that is referenced in the last deduction called Jack the Ripper's Bedroom.
- There is a survivor pet based upon him. It is called Mini Jack.
- The Magician has a costume named "Masked Gentleman", which looks like Jack.
- Before he had his Foggy Blade, his prior ability was called Foggy Night. This trait was replaced around October 2018.
- His character day is on August 7th. In 2020, after completing his event on this day players would received a letter from Jack's mentor.
- He likes Fog-shrouded nights, and he dislikes flashlights.
- He is most likely bald.
- He is one of the tallest hunters in the game, due to his tall hat.